As a leader in wireless communications, Cisco is present in thousands of companies worldwide. Business experts with a perfect command of Cisco tools therefore enjoy an undeniable advantage on the job market. This is precisely why Cisco offers its Cisco DevOps training.
Why take Cisco DevOps training?
Originally, DevOps was more a philosophy that encouraged collaboration between development teams and IT operations throughout the software development lifecycle. The success of this way of working has led to the development of a new profession: DevOps. Its aim is to help organizations maximize their productivity and performance.
Here’s a look at the profession, its future prospects, and why it’s worth taking a Cisco DevOps training course.
The aim of DevOps is to help companies deliver maximum value to their customers, as quickly as possible. To achieve this, the DevOps movement bases its activities on several principles:
- CI/CD: continuous integration and deployment. The idea is to reduce the time needed to deliver software, while optimizing its quality.
- Process automation: this limits human error, improves the responsiveness of the development environment, facilitates the reproduction of processes, reduces maintenance costs, shortens the software development lifecycle and improves the reliability of the end product.
- DevOps culture: this involves implementing a whole new mindset based on communication between teams, iteration and, more generally, Agile methods.
- Measurement: to achieve the desired levels of performance, the use of KPIs is essential in DevOps, whether in terms of deployment frequency, change failure rate, mean time to restore (MTTR), lead times, and so on.
It is the application of these principles that optimizes the performance of digital businesses.
A booming business
DevOps is a real asset for companies, who often see their performance increase after implementing these working methods. This is precisely why more and more organizations are looking for DevOps engineers.
So much so that there is a certain imbalance between supply and demand. As there are too few DevOps experts to meet the needs of companies, they can expect high salaries. In fact, DevOps salaries range from €47 to €70,000 per year. Not to mention other benefits, such as telecommuting, choice of business sector, etc.
Taking a Cisco DevOps training course with Cisco gives you access to this promising profession and all its benefits.
A Cisco specialization
Present in over 75 countries, Cisco offers its services to all types of organizations, regardless of sector or size. This means that DevOps specialists who have mastered Cisco tools have access to a wide range of companies.
But to do so, it’s best to take the Cisco DevOps training course, which will enable you to master the platform, while acquiring the skills required of a good DevOps.
What does Cisco DevOps training involve?
The Cisco DevOps training is divided into 6 parts:
- CI/CD pipeline: this explains the concepts of integration and continuous deployment.
- Application delivery: here, the focus is on deployment (particularly through containers and microservices).
- Infrastructure automation: you’ll need to use several specific tools, such as Ansible, Terraform, Puppet…
- Cloud and multi-cloud: this section focuses on the deployment of applications in different environments.
- Logging, monitoring and metrics: identify metrics and logs, and produce reports.
- Security: security issues are integrated right from the software design stage, to improve reliability.
In addition to an assessment of your DevOps skills, you are also tested on your mastery of Cisco tools.
⚠️But beware, the Cisco DevOps training is not for everyone. To pass the exam, it is strongly recommended that you have 3 to 5 years’ experience in software and application design in a Cisco environment.⚠️
The Datascientest training course for a deeper understanding of DevOps methods
While the Cisco DevOps training is relevant for working in organizations using these tools, it may not be sufficient for others. In this case, it’s best to take a more comprehensive DevOps training course. Datascientest can help you do just that, giving you a state-recognized diploma and accompanying you all the way to employment.
If you’d like to find out more about DataScientest and its DevOps training, please don’t hesitate to talk to one of our managers. Make an appointment now!